Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A friend

Hi,
I'm writing on a sad note today. A close friend from back home was in a terrible accident last night and is in critical condition. Her insides were basically destroyed. She's had surgery and received 35 pints of blood.
A guy t-boned the side of the car she was riding in and she only had a lap seat belt on. The two ladies in front weren't hurt to badly, the guy died.
Jean and her husband were close friends in the early days of our being believers. They were with us in a small group that started a church in our small town. We raised our kids together and I babysat hers for years.
She's in Iowa City, which is a teaching hospital and probably the best hospital in Iowa, so if anyone can help, they can. But, is it God's will that she live? I don't know, so I'm praying for Him to work His good, pleasing and perfect will. I'm asking for a miracle, but that's secondary to His will. He knows what's best, I don't.
I don't want to lose her, but I know that we'll spend eternity together. Jean is just a little younger than me and has so much more life to live and give. She has two daughters and two grandsons. Her husband Don has a severe heart condition and almost died a couple of years ago. They love the Lord and I'm sure want His will, but they need your prayers. So, I'm asking you all to lift Jean and Don before the Lord. I'll have to let you know more, when I know more.
Thank you all for being prayer warriors and for being people I know I can call on when I need help.

Praying,
Sandy

No comments: