Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday

Hey,
We were woke up this morning by an earthquake. Tucker wasn't happy about it all. I don't know when she came into our bedroom, but I could hear her as I became conscious of the quake itself. They say animals know these things before people do.
In my reading through Matthew, chapter 24 talks about earthquakes increasing as the end times draw near. Read Matthew 24 to get the whole picture. Verse 7 starts the portion I'm talking about. "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. (8)There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains."
So, are we in the end times? I think we are on a slippery slope headed for the tribulation. Thankfully, the rapture of the saints comes first and we won't go through 'hell on earth'. That being said, we are in for more trouble and I think we are all feeling it.
If studies are correct, the U.S. won't be a major power in the end times. I think that financially we will lose strength. Possibly because of leadership we'll lose credibility too? Who knows. I'm getting into an area that I've studied, but there are so many unknowns.
So, are you prepared for what's ahead? Are you sticking close to the Lord daily so that you are not taken unaware of what's happening? Another book to read about the end times is 1 & 2 Thessalonians.

Waiting for the Lord, and not very patiently,
Sandy

No comments: