Thursday, March 20, 2008

Romans 7:18

Good Morning,
The sun is brilliant and the air cool and crisp. But, the robins are flying in, so spring is here!!! I'm more than ready.
I have a busy day ahead and Chuck's coming home, yeah! This week has been one of spending more time in the car than I like. Also, I've been shopping, too much. I hate shopping, so it's torture for me. I'm find that shopping here for the weekly stuff is hard and takes too much gas.
I chose Romans 7:18 today because of a word picture I have, not from Czech but from when we lived on an acreage before becoming missionaries. We had chickens, lots of them and many colors and definitely different personalities. I love chickens, something my husband doesn't understand. I love ducks, geese, birds, well, you get the picture. Watching them always makes me laugh.
Romans 7:18: "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." Doesn't this verse describe you? I does me, big time. I fight against the sin nature constantly. I have to admit that as I've grown in the Lord, many battles have ceased, but there's always something battering at my mind, strength and will.
Back to the chickens. We had two white ones that I named Click and Cluck. I have to say that these two were probably the stupidest of all the ones that we had. They weren't pretty like the others and always seemed to get into trouble.
Well, one day one of the came up missing. After a couple of days hunting for it, I assumed that the coyotes got it. I was right and was surprised when I finally found it. This is one of those funny/gruesome tales; sorry.
We had a horse and one day I went to the loafing shed to see her and I found the trap that Chuck had set for ground hogs (woodchuck) that were undermining the shed. No woodchuck,but a pair of legs caught in the trap. Everything else was gone. I had to laugh because the sight was funny (sorry, I have a weird sense of humor). They were after the food Chuck put in the trap. They had their own food, but desired something more/else. Instead, they became food.
This situation reminds me of how we go after what we want, only to be trapped by our desires. I desire to do good, but then my sinful nature draws me into sin. Sometimes I don't even see the sin until after the fact. Thankfully the Holy Spirit convicts me and I confess.
How about you? Do you desire what God wants or what your will wants? Do you chase after what you shouldn't have, even though the Lord has provided all you need? Do you put 'you' before the Lord? If so, Satan will eat you, guaranteed.

Desiring Him,
Sandy

No comments: