Friday, March 14, 2008

Jeremiah 6:16

Good Morning,
Chuck's busy with setting up the garage, so I thought I'd take a few minutes to blog. Hope you're all well.
I talked with Jack this morning and Betty's in a lot of pain, but the surgery went really well. Once she's healed, she should feel so much better than she has in years. You can call her room, 665 or her cell. If you need that number, call the church or Betty's home phone.
Each day I've been trying to take circumstances that we had in Czech/overseas and relate it to scripture. My stories won't last forever, but for now here goes. Jeremiah 6:16: "This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, as where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'
The last sentence is Israel's answer to God. They chose to keep on disobeying the Lord. Isn't that sad? They missed out on many blessings. They didn't find rest for the souls and some days, I need rest for my weary soul, as I'm sure you do.
The vehicle we had in Czech was a VW van. It was always in need of repair. We found a good repair guy, but he lived a few kilometers away. We'd drive there, then take the bus home. Unfortunately we had to switch buses.
The first time that we were to travel home, I checked the schedule and decided to take a direct bus back to Zlin. A bus came and I asked the driver if he went to Zlin and he said no. So we waited, again. After about and hour and a half, this same bus came back. By then we decided that the direct bus wasn't coming. This happened regularly, so no surprise.
So, Chuck and I took the bus and the driver looked at us really funny, as well he should. We had already turned him down. We got home after switching buses twice. That was the story of our lives in many cases of traveling.
If I had asked the driver if a direct bus would be coming, I would have saved us lots of time. We could have taken that bus and got home much earlier. As the verse says, we should have stood at the crossroads and looked (gathered information). Then we could have taken the right bus the first time. I thought I knew better (given the info I had). But, I wanted a easier way, my way.
When we finally got on the bus, we were weary, but knew that our journey in the right direction had started. We found rest and let the driver do the work.
When we go the direction we think best without checking with the Lord and seeking Him before we make decisions, we go the wrong direction; have to wait for the right answer, etc. Disobedience has a price to pay.
The moral to this story is: Seek God first, then do what He says and find rest for your weary soul. I'll deal with seeking next week.

Riding the bus,
Sandy

No comments: