Monday, March 24, 2008

Polls

Monday greetings,
Such a blessing to worship our Lord yesterday and celebrate our Risen Savior! Think about this, some day we'll be in eternity with our Lord and every day will be a celebration of Him; I can't wait!!
I look at the newspaper online and they have a daily poll that they ask a question and then send back a result of those participating. Yesterday the question was whether they attended church for Easter or not. I was shocked; 19% said they had, 80% said they hadn't.
Then, on the news last night they said some of the local churches added services to accommodate the extra people. So, what does this mean?
As I am putting this blog together, I'm struggling with what to write. As I pray, I am feeling a shift in what I'm to share. I wanted to share about not forsaking the fellowship of others; worshiping our Lord. It's important to gather, worship and learn.
But then, the verse about 'itching ears' came to mind, so I'll share that. Acts 4:3: "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." Go ahead and read verses 4-5 too.
Not going to church is part of 'itching ears'. How? Well, they are following the 'world' and what it teaches and not the Lord. Their desires are for pleasure only. Basically, they are following 'self'.
Not going to church is part of this. They don't see the need to worship our Lord and be grateful for eternal life. I think this is mainly because of all the false teaching that (1) this world is all there is; (2) they have to work for their salvation (3) it's by chance (4) they don't know the Lord, in any way. I think the list is longer, but I'll stop with those.
At church we sang as our last song: Because He lives. That song is wonderful because we serve a risen Savior. There is an eternity, with Him. This life isn't all there is.
I feel really sorry for all those who didn't go to church yesterday. Even if they are not Christians, they missed out on an opportunity to worship, celebrate and possibly learn that there is an eternity, their eternity. I want them to hear the message. We need to be messengers.
I've been praying for more of an evangelistic/discipleship heart, and I think the Lord is working. Isn't He wonderful???

Praying,
Sandy

No comments: