Wednesday, March 12, 2008

John 9:25

Hi Everyone,

Wasn't the weather gorgeous today? I had errands to run and it was nice not to have a heavy coat. Tucker got a bath at a local car wash too (it has a doggy wash). She wasn't happy about having to walk up a ramp and as always, she hated her bath. But, she smells good. She still doesn't have much freedom and it's really hard on her.
Many things have changed for us since our move, but 95% of them are really good. When we decided to put the house up for sale, it came after months of prayer. We really didn't know for sure that moving would be for the best, but as always, hindsight is 20/20. It's good to be here and life is much easier for me. Thanks for all your prayers for us.
Speaking of knowing, when I got glasses the last time, I got some that I can use while I'm working on the computer. I have bi-focal's and I was getting a headache each time I used the computer.
The doctor put prism's into my computer glasses. What a world of difference for me to see. I use these glasses for reading too and it's far less eye strain.
There's a passage in John 9:25 that the blind man could now see, thanks to Jesus. To get the whole story, read verses 13-34. This is a wonderful story that speaks to us on many levels. But I've pulled verse 25 out because the once blind man says: "Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"
Christ healed this man and forgave him his sins and the blind man could "see" in every sense of the word. His theology is right on as he faces the Pharisees and I can just hear his understanding and knowledge coming out boldly in defense of Christ being God. He proclaims Christ's deity (30-33).
If you had been in this man's place, would you have been able to defend what you believe? Would you have had the guts to stand up against these religious 'nuts' and not let them have their way? Intimidation is a mighty weapon that Satan likes to use to keep the truth from being proclaimed.
Now finish reading the chapter, verses 35-41. Such a great story......

Proclaiming His Word,
Sandy

No comments: