Friday, March 28, 2008

1 Peter 1:3-9

Hey,
The sun is shining and Chuck is home, safe and sound. Lynn and Nate will be here later, yeah! Our Tiffani is having a card making party tonight and Lynn is up for that. Should be fun. Chuck and Nate are going to hang out together.
Today's scripture is a lot, so open your Word and read, then come and join me.....As it's just after Easter, this portion is wonderful as I reflect on our risen Savior. In His great mercy - what a wonderful thing that He pours out on us. We have new birth and an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade.
Have you ever thought about that? Our eternity is secure and nothing can take it away, or damage it in anyway. So, what does that mean to you? For me it tells me that I can't lose my salvation for any reason. That my future eternity is safe in our Lord's hand.
Even though we haven't collected our eternal inheritance yet, it's kept safe for us in heaven. What a marvelous thought. I like that my faith in Him is shielded by Him. No matter what happens, I'm secure in Him!!
Do you rejoice? When it talks about having to suffer grief, it's hard to keep rejoicing, isn't it? But the answer of why we suffer follows: "so your faith may be proved genuine and may result in praise." God tests us and allows trials to sharpen our faith.
Our true joy comes from loving and believing in Him, even though we haven't seen Him. Think about that. Some day we will see Him, face to face. Won't that be glorious! I can't wait.
Sometimes I have this vision in my mind about the Lord sitting on His throne and Christ is next to Him. They are happy to know that I 'see' them. It gives me joy to think on this. Many years ago when I was a new believer, I had a dream one night that the Lord God Almighty took me onto His lap and held me close to His heart, as a father does a small child who needs comfort. That memory still brings tears of joy to me. I think the Lord gave me that dream then because He knew I needed His comfort.
Do you have joy, the joy of your salvation in your hearts, strong, beating and bringing joy to the Lord also? Take a moment and thank the Lord for His joy and His salvation.

Joyfully,
Sandy

No comments: