Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Joyce Meyers

Hey Y'All,

Isn't this warm sunny day a delight? What a blessing from the Lord. And, tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer. I'm sitting here in the office with the sun streaming through the window, Tucker's laying by my chair and I've been on hold on the phone forever. Moving brings lots of changes and some are a pain in the......
Anyway, because of yesterday's blog on a cult, I thought I'd take a shot at Joyce Meyer too. Recently it's come to my attention that there's a couple that wants to have a bible study, but unless they study a Joyce Meyers book, they won't attend.
So ladies, you who have studied 1 John, what do you think about this? What does the Bible teach us about false teaching? Perhaps you should peruse 2nd and 3rd John too.
A few years ago I heard Joyce Meyer on T.V. say: Jesus had to descend into hell and become the first born again man. I couldn't believe what I had just heard and I asked the Lord: Lord, did I just hear what I thought I heard? I had been channel surfing and didn't hear her whole spiel. But she repeated what I told you and I was appalled and angry.
She has quite a following and what she was doing was teaching heresy. That makes her a heretic. Think about that. Look the word up in the dictionary.
Okay, so back to this Bible study. If it's allowed, just to get these folks to the study, what's happening is that false teaching/teacher's are being allowed into the home. Do you think they'll share Biblical truth? I think not. How many people who are attending will know the truth from false?
We need to be very careful about what's taught and learned. Know the Word!
I'll get off my soap box and wish you all a great evening and spring like day tomorrow.

Preaching again......
Sandy

1 comment:

Jason Starbuck said...

Hi Sandy! The Apostle Creed DOES say Jesus Descend into Hell. They got this from 1 Peter 3:18-20; 4:6, but this refers to Hades, not hell, which in Greek terms, Hades was a land of the dead, not a place of eternal torment. Hell also is defined as seperation from God, and didn't God basically turn his back on Jesus during the crucifixtion because he could not "look" upon the sin that Jesus took upon himself. And in a way, Jesus was "born again" after taking that sin, shedding it. Isn't that the basic teaching of baptism (we die and rise again?). Just some thoughts. Her statement to me isn't to radical in that context, but she still isn't someone I would take teaching from on a daily basis...