Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Corinthias 11:13-16

Hi,

Hope you are all well. As our summer has been fairly cool compared to the past, it's actually nice to have a warmer day today; feels more like summer. Do you realize that we're half way through our year? Where did June go? Why does life speed up as we age?
Today's blog is going to look again at hair covering. This is all clear as mud, so bear with me. If I understand the commentaries and the Bible, it seems that there's an underlying homosexual theme going on.
During that time in history, gay guys were wearing long hair and lesbians short hair. Paul was basically addressing this issue, possibly because of comments in the church or folks that were coming and not understanding the dividing line (line drawn in the sand) that God has.
Today, there are so many 'unisex' hair styles and it's fairly confusing if we allow it to be. I have short hair and like it that way. I've also worn my hair very long. But what I come back to in the Bible and through study is that what's in my heart is what's the most important.
I believe in Biblical headship: God, Chuck and me. I think the most important thing is that I have a submission of heart to the Lord and in public I manifest obedience; I'm not saying I can be disobedient other times. But, in public others see you and what you show them tells them the condition of your heart.
To summarize this portion we've been studying, it's that:
1. The role of women in ministry is proven through God's design (vs.3-6
2. The order of creation (vs. 7-9, 11-12)
3. Argument based upon angels (vs.10)
4. And lastly, the argument from nature (vs. 13-16)
Next time we get into 1Corinthians 14:34-35 and let the fireworks begin!

Living for Jesus,
Sandy

No comments: