Monday, July 28, 2008

Deuteronomy 18:9-14

Hey Everyone,
I trust you are all well and enjoying this hot summer day. I talked with LeaAnn and her Anna is sick. I talked with Betty and she's better, but still needs prayer as she recovers from the lasting effects of pneumonia.
I did a major thing today. I walked to the empty lot and threw the ball for Tucker. I've been taking the car. It's not terribly far, just the other side of the small pond that's practically outside our door (I can see it from the front yard).
By the time I got home I was really tired and a little wobbly, but I made it!!! I know it's going to take a long time to get back to walking a mile every day, but "one small step for man", or woman in my case. I'm not walking on the moon, but sometimes these days it feels like it.
I see my wellness doctor on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to that and finding out what needs to be done.
Chuck applied for another job, so would appreciate prayers that the Lord would work His will and for us to accept the outcome, whatever it is.
I was reading my Our Daily Bread at breakfast and the reading was Deuteronomy 18:9-14. It reminded me of all the shows on TV about occult. The main one that comes to mind is: Medium. The TV people have wrapped this abomination to the Lord in skillful craftsmanship. I haven't watched the show, just enough to understand what it's about, then I've not looked at it again.
What's so crazy is that there are Christians that watch shows that are forbidden by the Lord, as in the scripture today. After you've read this portion, come back and we'll talk.....
The end of verse 14 should be the strongest guideline for us: "But as for you, the Lord your God has not permitted you to do so." He wants us to be pure, holy and blameless. All the things listed in the prior verses definitely are not pure, holy and blameless.
From what I understand in our culture today, there are "white witches" called Wicka. Maybe you know about these things. If you think that our towns don't have someone involved, think again.
Satan likes nothing better than to deceive people into thinking something bad, is good. Like Hollywood, he wraps things up in a neat package and sells it to naive people who don't know the Word.
Did you know this portion was in the Word? Is this the first time you've read it? Have you ever participated in anything like what is mentioned? If you have, you have the perfect time to repent and confess and for the Lord to set you free with His forgiveness.
If you know of someone who's involved, you have the "sword of the Spirit" to show them that they shouldn't participate in this detestable things, against the Lord.
Learn from Him, so that when the world tries to pass detestable off as good, you'll know the truth, and that truth will set you free.

Free indeed,
Sandy

No comments: