Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gorilla's Worship The Lord

Hi,
How has the Lord shown Himself to you today? He's met me through His Word and in prayer and worship.
Speaking of worship, I want to share a word picture that I heard the other day. Chuck and I were watching tv and this guy was sharing that he and a group of guys went at Christmas time to a zoo to sing.
He said there weren't many people there, but when they got to the gorilla enclosure, they sang "Silent Night" and the gorilla's came forward, folded their hands like they were praying and swayed to the music.
The guy said that they hadn't done that with the other songs (secular). That tells me that all creation recognizes their creator; why can't humans???? I just thought that was so cool that I had to share it.
Do you remember when the pharisees complained about the disciples loudly praising Him (Luke 19:39-40) Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!" "I tell you," He replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." Even stones are God's creation and they recognize Him.
How much more should we worship Him and celebrate Him in a joyful manner. If you're not comfortable celebrating Him, then animals and stones will take your place, because HE will be worshiped and celebrated.

Celebrating Jesus,
Sandy

No comments: