Friday, July 25, 2008

God is Sovereign

Hi,
Hope you are all well. The cooler temps have made is so nice to be outside, at least for some of the day. We have a small porch in front and Tucker and I like to sit and watch the world go by.
This Wednesday when we were talking with the oncologist, he mentioned a test to determine my percentage of getting cancer again. I personally don't see the need in knowing something like that because of a couple of reasons.
One, math is used according to statistics gathered, but I've found in life that nothing ever turns out like you think it will. Second, if I get cancer again, it's because God allowed it, just like He did this time.
Because I trust in His perfect will, I know that if I get cancer again, it's because He has a purpose for it. I keep understanding His Sovereignty more all the time as He takes me through trials and testings. A test result isn't going to change what will happen to me, just gives me the information that I will, or will not, go through this again.
Would you want to know? If you did, how would that affect your life? Would you share Christ with more people? Would you quit doing something(s) that you are now that don't honor God, or keep you from living for Him as you should? Would you love your family more and be more patient with them? How would it affect you???
As I ask these questions, I have to think on my answers. I sincerely hope that what I'm going through this will impact not just me, but everyone around me. God has a purpose for all of this because God doesn't do 'random'. My job is to make sure that I find out and do what He wants me to learn and do. Some things I know, but there's always room for more :)))).
As our pastor says: Think on These Things.

Grateful for your prayers,
Sandy

No comments: