Monday, June 30, 2008

Blessings on Sunday

Hi,

I hope you are all well on this sunny Monday morning. I had such a great day yesterday. Chuck had to work, so I went to church alone. A friend was without her husband too and so we sat together.
Because we haven't talked for awhile, we decided to 'do lunch'. While we were chatting, a friend of hers came and Patty introduced us. She had a book by Warren Wiersbe on James and I noticed it. When I asked about it she told me a ladies study was just starting that morning and she'd introduce me to the leader, Gloria, which she did after church.
So, I went to the study and met quite few ladies, whose names I won't remember; perhaps in time I will :). Gloria is a good leader and I enjoyed the study. Lots of ladies contributed and I'll enjoy getting to know Gloria more too; she's a teacher after my own heart.
Then, Patty and I had lunch and had such a great time chatting. She has diabetes and a heart condition, so her health isn't very good. She also is having a biopsy in July, so she knows where I'm at with my new information. She also understands my great hesitancy to have radiation and/or chemo.
Then, we saw a mutual friend (our son's friend Harold) at lunch and had a nice chat with him. After I got home, I had a couple of phone calls and chatted with old friends from far away and that was so good. These two ladies were part of our life when Chuck and I were first saved. They were part of the new church we all helped to start.
So, my cup overflowed yesterday, into today. Bob and Connie are stopping by in a little while for a visit and they're always great to see. I received quite a few emails from friends and that was such an encouragement; I can't wait for Chuck to see them too.
Thanks for all your prayers for Chuck and me. God has provided such peace and the knowledge that no matter what we face, He's right there with us: His rod and His staff to comfort. He's guiding our decision making and we know He's holding us in His hands.

Trusting in our very great God,
Sandy
Tomorrow I'll have to have blood drawn and an ekg, so life goes on.

No comments: