Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Back

Hey,
My wrist is finally better so 'let the blogging begin'. I fell a week ago and scraped my left knee, both hands and sprained my right wrist and strained the left. I tried to catch my balance when I stepped on a broken piece of sidewalk.
Now, would you like to know what I was doing to be so Klutzy? I was trying to stuff a plastic bag of dog doo doo into my sweatshirt pocket. I need to remind you all that my middle name is klutz.
The word picture I get from this is that when I'm concentrating on the little picture, the bigger picture can trip me up.
We are finite humans and we only can see right now, today and what has happened in the past. Even then our remembrance of the past isn't always 20/20. We have a tendency to focus on the here and now and try to figure out the future.
We want life to play out according to our plans and we sometimes try to manipulate things to make our plans happen. But, we often forget that the Lord is Sovereign and that because He sees the bigger picture and He knows how He wants our lives to play out, that He can tweak the happenings in our daily lives.
God doesn't force us to go a certain direction, but He does help us to want to go along with what He wants for us. We might not even understand that at the time, but hindsight is sometimes 20/20.
So, where does this lead us? Because He's Sovereign, we need to trust Him to help us make the right decisions, go the right direction and live a life that honors Him.
When the bigger picture is overwhelming, trust. When you can't see where He is leading, trust. When you have decisions to make, trust.

He is trustworthy,
Sandy

No comments: