Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Thessalonians 4:16

Hey,
You may be wondering why chapter 4 verse 16. That's because chapter 3 only goes to verse 13. So, I decided since chapter 4 was an interesting verse, I'd use it instead.
There's so much controversy about illegal aliens in our country. And, I won't get into that issue, but do you realize that we are aliens? As Christians, our home is heaven, not earth. We are only here temporarily. Have you ever thought about that? I have. I long for heaven and all that goes with it, mainly being with the Holy Trinity. Some days I plead with the Lord to come back soon and take us all home.
A couple of years ago I did a great study on 1st and 2nd Thessalonians. Kay Arthur has written many study books and this one is no exception. These two books talk about the end times activities. It shares about biblical living also, which we can apply to our lives. We definitely live in an immoral world, just as the people Paul addressed in these two little letters.
Read the small book, then come back and read 4:16. The hope that is proclaimed there should give us a focus on our future, even in the midst of trials on earth. "For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."
Christ is coming down to us! Can you imagine? If we are not already dead, we will see and hear His coming. He will give a great command. What command? I don't know, but I speculate on His calling us to come to Him and meet Him in the air. He doesn't actually land on earth, this time.
Do you see that the voice of the archangel, Michael or Gabrial (I think) will join our Lord's in calling us? Then a trumpet! There's going to be enough noise so that no one who is a believer will be left behind. I've often wondered if the non-believer's will hear the call, but of course not be able to respond?
We will be sent heavenward by the Lord's power; gone in a flash. I personally think that all our clothing, jewelry and glasses, etc. will be left behind and we will be clothed in garments whiter than snow. Can't you visualize that?
Then, those already dead, Christians, will rise first (verse17) to join the Lord Jesus Christ and then, all of us. We will get to see loved ones again. Will many of your relatives be with you? Will it be church family alone?
I know how hard it is to pray for family and for them not to trust Christ as Savior. At this point, the only person I know for sure that will be waiting for me in heaven is my baby sister that died at one month old.
I do have the comfort of my mother-in-law being there ahead of me. I'm sure that she prayed me into heaven and I still miss her. I have told Chuck for years (teasing of course) that she loved me more than him.
So, are you waiting for the Lord's return? Are you prepared in your heart? Are you serving Him so that He finds you busy with His work when He returns to take you home? Food for thought, heavenly food!

Ready to go,
Sandy

No comments: