Friday, July 13, 2007

2 Thessalonians 3:16

Good morning All,
It's such a pleasant morning and I trust the Lord gave you a good nights sleep. I can hear the birds singing to the Lord; don't you just love the birds? Can you tell I'm a bird 'liker'?
Today's message from 2 Thessalonians 3:16 is about peace. I know that peace is hard to come by sometimes, but when there's a peaceful morning like today I think: God has given His peace.
That's outside peace, but what about the inside peace? Do you have it and if so, how much? Every day? Is it fleeting? Never in your life? Be honest now.
"Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you."
First, the Lord is peace. He's not a turbulent God. Does He have righteous anger and can He wipe out people with a breath? Yes! But, He's more importantly a God of peace. He desires for us to have His peace too.
When you got saved, He gave you a peace that will never leave you. You might not always recognize it's there, but it is. It's His peace of knowing that you're saved. If you don't have that peace, let me know! We need to talk.
His peace is abundant, not stingy in any way. He gives it generously and willingly. But, do you take hold of His peace? Do you claim it?
Years ago when I was first sick from Lyme disease, my body couldn't produce the chemicals needed for emotional well being. I had a good supplement from the doctor, but it just wasn't doing a good enough job.
Chuck was working two jobs to make ends meet and was gone all the time. No one came to visit me so I was alone 24/7. I was incredibly lonely. One day I was sitting at the computer and journaling and tears were running in streams down my face. I knew I needed something, I just didn't know what. I typed this statement: "Lord, I need something, but I don't know what I need."
He let me understand in His still small voice: hope. Right then, I knew He was right. I asked for His hope and He gave it to me in abundance and along with the hope came His peace. It spread over me like a blanket, enveloping me completely, giving me a warm fuzzy hug.
The Lord gives us what we need, when we need it. Just ask. As the end of the verse says: the Lord be with you all.

Peace,
Sandy

No comments: