Friday, July 6, 2007

Ephesians 3:16

Hello All,
Hope your week is going well and that you see the Lord's blessings daily. Chuck's still on vacation and we're trying to get some things done, but still get some rest. I'm still working on trying to rest from being with my parents. It seems that everything in life takes time, even getting rest.
Today's word is from Ephesians 3:16. This is a verse that I pray every Monday. It reads: "I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being."
In order to understand the full meaning of this verse, please start your reading at verse 14 and finish with 21. This is a prayer from Paul to the Ephesians. Paul has been busy teaching them many things through this small book, but this portion is actually a prayer. Enjoy!
The reason that I pray verse 16 is that I need His strength daily. I'm not just talking about physical strength, although I really need that, but also His spiritual strength. In order to live an obedient life, I need His strength to choose the right things to do, say, think and feel. I can't do these things under my own power, I need Him, in abundance.
The key for all of these verses is faith. Without faith, I won't be able to obtain what He has for me. So, that begs the question, how do we have the faith to believe that God will provide what He says He will, in these few verses and throughout the whole Bible?
My experience has been to trust Him in the small things that have come my way. He's tested me to believe Him and as I have decided in my mind and heart to trust, He's brought bigger things my way.
My illness from Lyme disease was given to me at a time when the Lord was testing me in a much bigger thing than I've ever known. I think I'm passing the test, but I know that I will have to continue to pass this test for the rest of my life.
Why do I say that? Because as I grow progressively physically worse, my faith, patience and endurance will be tested. So I have a choice: to pass the test, or not to pass the test. It is my choice. It's also my choice how I pass the test, with grace or by whining and complaining.
So, where is your faith? Are you passing the tests that the Lord is sending your way? You can pray for Him to give you strength in your inner being. What's keeping you from passing the test? From gaining His strength in your inner being?

Being strengthened,
Sandy

No comments: