Monday, July 2, 2007

Galatians 3:16

Hello,
What a glorious sunny day we have on this early morning in July. I trust that your day of worship was a blessing to you yesterday. I really appreciate our Sunday school class; you ladies always contribute so much.
My mom is still doing well. Her spirit is good. She has a check up today and hopefully they'll adjust her new blood pressure medicine because it makes her really sleepy and fatigued. Thanks for your prayers for her and me while I was gone.
I've chosen today Galatians 3:16 and I really like what it tells us: The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say 'and to seeds,' meaning many people, but 'and to your seed,' meaning one person, who is the Christ.
This portion of scripture is written by Paul and he's talking about the covenant between God and Jesus Christ. There were some people that we trying to add to the covenant of grace. All through this chapter he's admonishing the Christians to hold fast to the truth that our salvation comes through Jesus Christ by grace.
When he gets to this verse he's telling them that the covenant that was made by God can't be added to. When two people have a contract, no third party can come in and change that contract without permission; it's legally binding. The false teachers in this time were trying to do just that, change the original intent.
How do we try to change what God has given us? Do we try to add works to His grace? Do we NOT accept His grace by thinking that His grace is not good enough to cover our sins?
Do you trust His covenant of sending His son to be our propitiation? Along with this trusting comes living like you believe it. We can say we trust, but do we? Do our actions manifest our belief?
I had to fly twice for my visit to my parents. I had to trust that the airplane would fly me where I needed to go. I don't understand anything about the dynamics of flying, but I trusted that they would get me where I needed to go. I didn't tell the pilots how to fly, or change the rules and regulations to fit my needs. I wanted to though :).
What God has set in place, we are not to change or want to change His perfect plan of salvation by grace in which to live by. So, how are you living your life so that you confirm to Him that His plan for your life here on earth and eternal life is perfect and doesn't need any changes or suggestions from you? Trust, because He's trustworthy.

Trusting in Grace,
Sandy

No comments: