Friday, July 20, 2007

Hebrews 3:16

Good Morning all,
The coolness of the morning is SO refreshing and we have a short interum of cooler weather and I'm looking forward to being able to get outside some. I prayfully hope you have a great day.
There isn't a third chapter in Philemon, actually there's only one chapter, period. So, moving on to Hebrews 3:16 we find: "Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt?" Now the question is, how to I make a blog out of that??? Well, here goes.
Chapter three is comparing Jesus to Moses. The people that Moses led through the desert were rebellious and had hardened their hearts. The warning here by the author is that we shouldn't harden our heart and rebel against God.
God kept the first generation that left Egypt from entering the promised land. Their sons and daughters entered because they were not in leadership during the exodus time. So, how does this apply to us? Are we hindering God's work in our lives and the fallout hits our kids too?
Have you hardened your hearts? I know a couple of times in my life I've done that. I didn't want to be hurt, so by hardening my heart I thought to protect myself. In the end, it only made matters worse because I didn't allow the Lord to work His grace in and through me during my time of pain. I missed out on His blessings, just as the Israelites missed out on entering the promised land. I know, the comparison isn't the same, but the concept is.
Have you hardened your heart toward God, or someone? Have you rebelled by not allowing the Lord to work His grace in your life? Have you missed out on blessings because you weren't open to His leading and obedient to Him and His call on your life?

Grace abiding,
Sandy

No comments: