Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trust

Good Morning,
I trust you are all well this day. Winter has dropped some ice for us to slide around on, but life goes on. Please continue to pray for Betty as she mourns her dear Jack.
Today I want to focus on Ps. 40:4a. "Blessed is the man who makes the Lord His trust." Yesterday at our bible study I was asked if I ever not trust God. I shared that I don't because He's trustworthy.
Many places through the Word we see that God is trustworthy and our responsibility is to take Him at His Word and: trust Him. I also shared that I have days when I say to myself when doubts plague me: I choose to trust you Lord because You are trustworthy.
I don't always know the answer to the problems or know how to deal with my emotions, but I know God does and that when I place my trust in Him, He will see me through, either by leading, carrying or gently nudging me along.
I haven't always been so trusting, but I have two things that help enormously: His Word and what He has shown me in the past. There are days when I cling to these and that's ok with me and Him. He knows I'm "dust".
I'm not perfect, but I believe in God who is and His Word is trustworthy as it tells me that I can trust Him. Also, keep in mind that not to trust is: sin.

His is worthy of Trust,
Sandy

No comments: