Friday, December 5, 2008

2 Thessalonians 1:3-4

Dear Friends,
I trust you are being comforted by the Lord as you go through your day, knowing that He will carry you, lead you and protect you by His Sovereign grace.
I like what 2 Thess. 1:3-4 tells me: "We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing. Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring."
As I talked with Betty last, she shared how dear friends had come yesterday to sit, talk, pray and cry with her. She was so grateful/thankful for them. They love her and Jack and shared it in the best way. As she shared it made me long to be there to help comfort her too. Talking over the phone is ok, but not the same as being able to be with her and give her a hug, surrounded by tears of sympathy.
Betty is persevering and because of her strong faith, her endurance will encourage others and I know Betty would like that. She's such a giving person and a delight to all who know her. I am truly blessed to call her sister and friend. I know she's suffering, but I know she'll come through the fire, more gold.
I thank the Lord for Betty, her faith, encouragement, prayers, testimony and love for the lost. She's truly a saint and a delight to all her know her. Her love for Jack and constant praise of him showed all of us how to be a loving wife, in every way. She always glowed when she'd talk about him. They had 34 years together and I know he enjoyed everyone, just like she did.
We all have trials, but how we handle them reflects on our spiritual maturity. How are you doing during trials? Are you persevering with grace? Think on these things.....

Thankful for dear friends,
Sandy

No comments: