Tuesday, December 30, 2008

godliness again?

Hey,
Another wonderful sunny day full of blessings from the Lord. The sun is setting as I write this and the sun's glory is brilliant. How much more is the Son's brilliance and glory? I can't wait to see it.
Yesterday I shared about godliness and today when I was doing my daily reading I met this word again and thought I'd share 2 Peter 1:3-11. So, please read this portion and join me.....
We first find our word in verse 3. Peter tells us that God gives us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him. I mentioned that yesterday and here it tells us again how to be godly. Plus, He gives us what we need to be godly, so what are you doing with what He's given you?
In verses 6 and 7 he mentions godliness again. It starts in verse 5 by telling us to make every effort...In the future I'll share more about this passage, so I don't want to cover everything here, but notice that godliness comes after lots of work. God helps us to become godly, but we also have to work at it.
In order for me to teach Biblical precepts, I first have to study. I can't just open the Bible and expect to be able to share in depth teaching without first spending time and effort learning, then I can share what I've learned. So, what are you doing to to become more godly?
As I think of the time I spend on the computer each day (not much, because I have more important things to do) I have to ask myself, have I spent as much time with God, studying His Word?
Our son-in-law works on a computer every day because it's his job, writing programs. He can't spend as much time in the Word as he does at his eight hour job because he has a family and needs to sleep.
But what about the rest of us? How much time do you spend on "things" compared to time spent with Him? As the new year comes, assess what you want to change to help become more godly. I know that He will be more than pleased with your effort and you will receive many blessings.
Please pray for me as I decide what book of the Bible to study next. I want the Lord to direct me to what He wants me to learn, then share. Thanks for your prayers.

On the journey to godliness,
Sandy

No comments: