Thursday, March 26, 2009

Leaders didn't lead

Good Morning,
This must be a record for me, to blog three days in a row. For once my schedule isn't terribly full. I trust the Lord is working in your heart to form you into the person He wants you to be. Conviction, is a very good thing.
Jeremiah 2:8: "The priests did not ask, 'Where is the Lord?' Those who deal with the law did not know me; the leaders rebelled against me. The prophets prophesied by Baal, following worthless idols."
When I read this verse, my whole being screams: how horrible for the Lord that they don't respect Him above all after all that's He is and has done for them. But, when I look at how our country has slowly slipped down a slope into immorality since our country began with the Pilgrims, I know that we aren't any better than the Israelites. How sad is that?
And, today the immorality I think is escalating. So many false teachings have lead people astray from the truth of God's Word. Okay, now we separate believer's from non-believer's. We should know better. We have God's Word to read and Jesus in our hearts. But, don't we follow the things of the world, over Him?
I think the key here is in the words: "priests didn't ask, and leaders rebelled against Me." Those in leadership have a great responsibility toward followers, whether Christian or secular. I think that the judgment for those folks will be greater than for the followers. Yes, there's responsibility for what we hear and what we choose to follow. (James 3:1: "Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly").
I am held more accountable than you for what I share on this blog, teach in a class or as I lead a Bible study, mentor through discipleship. I don't take this responsibility lightly and study hard to teach truth. I know that as I've learned, then taught that my understanding has increased. Some things that I used to teach one way, as I matured, my understanding was deepened and I changed what I taught. I don't know if I'll be judged by what I know at the time, or the overall at the end of time. One thing, is that I strive for the truth and to teach it.
What about you? If you don't teach, are you at least learning God's truth so when you hear a falsehood you can share the knowledge and wisdom God's given you? That too is a responsibility.

Listening to God,
Sandy

No comments: