Monday, March 16, 2009

Approved by God

Hello,
It's been awhile, but here I am again, finally. I was able to see Lynn and boys on Thursday. I don't know how she does it all. Twins are smiling and cooing! I got to take care of two oldest 'grands' on Sat. evening while Josh and Tiff went out to help celebrate her parents 40th anniversary. We watched video's and 'chilled'.
I'm back in 2 Tim. 2:15 today. "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."
Present yourself: what does this mean? I think it means when we "stand" before the Lord in our prayer time. How are we approved? I think by obeying His Word, we have His approval. If we are doing this: obeying, we aren't ashamed before God. We are living our lives in such a way that we can come to God in prayer and not have shame and guilt because we have lived in such a way as to please Him.
Do you have a long list of sins each time you pray? Do you constantly tell God you're sorry, then go and repeat the same sins again? Where's your repentance? If we study His Word and put it into practice, then we won't be ashamed before the throne of God.
Remember, what we are in the heart, is what we show on the outside. And, God looks on the heart, not the outside. Where's your heart?

Not ashamed,
Sandy

No comments: