Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Malachi 1:2-5

Good Morning,
This has been one of those mornings that I just have to laugh. When I was walking Tucker at 6:30, a lady in a car stopped and told me that I had to have Tucker on a leash. She's told me this before, only this time she was nicer. Last night one of her dogs was running loose in our neighborhood until a lady caught it and took it back for them.
Then as Tucker and I were coming out of our house so I could sit in the sun for 10 minutes (vitamin D) a lady rode by on her bike with her dog. Tucker of course had to go and see and I called her back, but the lady wasn't happy and told me that I needed to tie Tucker up.
To me, this just warfare. Why do I think so? Chuck is preaching at the prison on Sat. night. We always have tons of warfare the week that he teaches and/or preaches.
I also have lots of people telling me constantly how wonderful Tucker is and so well behaved/trained. So, the minority isn't happy but the majority likes us. Go figure! Three policemen have seen us walking and never said a word to me.
That brings me to the scripture, Malachi 1:2-5. After you've read it, come join me.....My main focus is on verses 2-3. God loves Jacob and hates Esau. People here hate us or like us. I don't have any control over their feelings. God has control over who He loves/hates. He knew Esau's heart.
Do you see in verse 3 where God says He's turned Esau's mountain into a wasteland? Doesn't that sound like the desert. On the top it doesn't show much life, but in the case of the Arab nations, underneath is the oil that serves the world. I think is part of God's promise for Ismael.
God calls them the Wicked Land, a people always under the wrath of the Lord. Always means, forever. How would you like to under God's wrath forever? Those who don't choose Christ as Lord are under His wrath, but it sounds like people that are living are under too. I think that all the wars/fighting that's constantly in that area of the world is because they are Wicked people under God's wrath. They try to rebuild (vs. 4) but the Lord will demolish.
Where in your life are you trying to build something and the Lord keeps tearing it down? It may be a relationship, work situation, family, children, etc. It just doesn't seem to work well. Have you sought the Lord? Do you have peace from Him that you have the right frame of mind, that you're going the right direction to solve the problem?
Malachi wanted Israel to appreciate their obedience and blessing from the Lord. He wanted them to realize that the choices they make had consequences or blessings. He contrasted the two brothers to show how God handles obedience, or lack of it. Remember, God knows the heart.

Willing to follow,
Sandy

No comments: