Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oh boy!

Hello,
When I looked at the references for today, all I could think was: Oh boy! The pastor was stretching this one just a little. His first scripture was Exodus 33:8 and it doesn't mention women in particular. So I looked at 1 Sam. 2:22 and it says: "Now Eli, who was very old, heard about everything his sons were doing to all Israel and how they slept with the women who served at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting."
Basically, Eli's sons, who were priests were corrupt and immoral. God basically zapped the two sons for their sins as an example to others. Eli, who was such a servant of God, was a horrible father. If you read all of the chapter you'll see some pretty gooey stuff.
Anyway, the boys slept with women who served at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. There women were NOT temple prostitutes. It doesn't say what their duties were, but I doubt sleeping with a priest was on the daily program. Whether they were forced or not, it again doesn't say. That type of thing is called "silence of the scripture".
So, how do I get some application out of this? Only the Lord knows !:))). I guess that we can't compromise our morals/ethics no matter who's in authority over us.
God calls women to serve, but we are not to be a "door mat". I say that tongue in cheek because these ladies served at the entrance. My guess is that their job was important. God uses people to accomplish His program, even using women.

Willing to serve Him,
Sandy

No comments: