Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Flowers

Hello,
Well, I'm finally joining the living again. I'm not done being sick, but am feeling better. I trust you are all well.
My friend Jean is recovering from her car accident and will be going home shortly, possibly this week. She's literally a miracle in the making. Thanks for your prayers.
Being sick means spending some time in front of the tv. When my brain couldn't navigate a book and doing Sudoku puzzles that had more erasures than solid numbers, tv became my mode of entertainment.
I was watching the National Geographic channel and the program was about flowers and whether they could identify the very first flower. I know, God created all plants and there wasn't a 'first'. Evolutionists just don't understand. But, what I really enjoyed was seeing the beautiful flowers from all over the world. The colors were so vivid and varied. Small petals and large with greenery that was just as varied.
A thought came to me, that we will get to see all these wondrous flowers in eternity. The world will be perfect, therefore flowers will be perfect again, just like in the beginning. Genesis 1:11-13 tells us that God produced all vegetation and saw that it was good.
For eternity we will be able to enjoy the beauty that God created so many years ago, brought back to life in a way that heightens their brilliance. I can't wait, can you? I told the Lord many years ago that I want lilac bushes outside of my "mansion" so that I can enjoy the fragrance all the time instead of briefly each year.
What fragrance or flower do you want to see? What are you waiting for in eternity? What delight are you desiring for the Lord to fulfill? Do you ever think of eternity, with Him?

Smelling the (neighbors)lilacs,
Sandy

No comments: