Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nest in a Mailbox

Good Morning,
I trust the Lord gave you all a good night of sleep. It's hard to get through a day without proper sleep at night. Foggy brains clog the senses and make for some weird thoughts :). I had a good night of sleep....:))).
Yesterday when we were walking, I noticed in a mailbox, in the paper delivery area, a birds nest. When God's creatures need to procreate, they will use anything they can for a nest area. They are so driven. We had robins wanting to nest on top of our light by our front steps. I discouraged the mess by putting duck tape on top and it worked. They went to the neighbor instead and now their area is a total mess.
Do we, like birds, find something in us so strong that drives us to God? Are we 'nesting' in His care? Just a thought.
Today we'll concentrate on Deuteronomy 31:12 and Nehemiah 8:2. "Assemble the people-men, women and children, and the aliens living in your towns-so they can listen and learn to fear the Lord your God and follow carefully all the words of this law." "So on the first day of the seventh month Ezra the priest brought the Law before the assembly, which was made up of men and women and all who were able to understand."
The point I want to make here is that women were required to hear the Word of the Lord. They were NOT excluded from the temple/spiritual gathering. God sees us (women) as a very pertinent part of His work. He wants us to be partners with Him and our husbands/families in serving Him. I think that this is a high calling because it comes directly from the Lord.
If you've ever thought about how the Lord could use you, first understand that you are called to serve. Secondly try new types of service if you aren't already involved in something that you enjoy. If you try something, but it doesn't delight your heart, you haven't failed, it's just not where the Lord wants you. Look to the desires of your heart and what you enjoy doing.
Not everyone has a prominent talent or gift. Many of us can do many different things. When I was younger I was obsessed with wanting to do something, anything, really well. I found that I could do many things, but just in a mediocre way. I called myself a 'jack of all trades'. But, the longing was still there.
It wasn't until I became a Christian that I understood that not everyone will play the piano like Dino, or paint like Michael Angelo or write like Charles Dickens. It's okay to be a 'jack of all trades'. But, find what you enjoy and do it, because that's where the Lord wants to use your talent.
As I've used my 'talent', God has developed it and I've found that being a teacher is my hearts desire. Not a teacher in a school, but of His Word. But, it takes lots of hard work. He started me as a teacher of children where I learned the stories of the Bible with application geared toward 5th and 6th graders; perfect for my lack of Bible knowledge.
Then He moved me on to bigger things as I studied and applied. I'm still studying and applying. You all benefit from this. If you don't know your talent(s) or gift(s), ask the Lord to show you. Ask Him to show you your hearts desire, or to give you one. But, be prepared to have Him ask you to do something with it(them).
Are you ready? Are you seeking His will in this area? What will you do with what He shows you. Also, being obedient is the prerequisite for Him to work. Carefully look at your heart/will/mind and see if you are in His will, according to scripture. Then, you will find that He is more than willing to show you your hearts desire.

Ready and willing,
Sandy

No comments: