Thursday, October 25, 2007

Matthew 5:8

Hello,
What a cold blustery day! Where is our fall? Of course, our spring was spectacular, wasn't it? Did you enjoy the revival meetings? The Lord blessed us with good attendance every night. I enjoyed going through the old testament looking at examples of revival and obedience to the Lord.
I enjoyed the worship that Chris and Vanilda brought us too.
Today we're going to look at Matthew 5:8. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." This is such a wonderful verse. Do you know of anyone that you could say is 'pure in heart'? I do. Her name is Retha and when I'm in her presence, I sense the Lord's presence more fully. When she prays, I feel like the Lord Himself sits down beside her, waiting to answer her prayers.
Retha has cerebral palsy. She's older then me and has difficulty getting around. Her speech is difficult to understand sometimes, even though she speaks slowly to help us understand her. She loves the Lord so much and has been a prayer warrior for me through the years since I met her back in 1982.
What does it take to be 'pure in heart'? I think it means to walk in obedience with our Lord in such a way that the purity oozes out. This 'heart' is kind, gentle, loving, patient, prayerful, etc. I have too much fire in me to be pure of heart, but it's something wonderful to aim for, isn't it?
So, what changes can you make in your life to become 'pure in heart' so that you fulfill this blessing? I'm thinking of ways and seeking the Lord for His help. How about you?

Seeking,
Sandy

No comments: