Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Matthew 5:4

Greetings,
The Lord has been pouring out His blessings with the fine weather we've been having. It's so pleasant to sit outside and enjoy. Tucker likes when I sit on the deck, then she can keep the squirrels from reaching ground and going about their day. There has to be a blog in that somewhere! I know, Satan prowling around like a roaring lion, waiting to attack us. Thankfully, the Lord is bigger and stronger and can protect us.
Matthew 5:4 tells us: Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Have you ever looked at this verse as mourning our sin instead of mourning the loss of a loved one? Because, that's what it's talking about. Do you mourn over your sins? Does it motivate you to do better?
In what ways can you do better, as in not sinning, or perpetuating a particular sin in your life? I think the best way is to repent. To turn away and not do the sin. What does the Word teach about your particular sin? Have you studied it? What does the Word say as to how you're supposed to live a victorious life?
The last part of the verse gives us the fruit: for they will be comforted. I know that when I'm sorry for my sin, truly repent, then the Lord brings the comfort that I'm forgiven and cleansed. He also gives me help to not continue in the old way, but to forge ahead into a new way of living.
So, confess your sins and be comforted, knowing that you are right with our wonderful Heavenly Father in your obedience. Revival is on the heels of confession, you know.

Comforted,
Sandy

No comments: