Friday, October 12, 2007

Matthew 5:6

Hello,
I hope your week has gone well. The cooler temps are ushering fall in and I don't think I'm ready. The prospect of winter doesn't sit well with me. I like warm weather better than cold. It's too bad we won't have beautiful fall leaves. Our lack of rain has played havoc with the system.
The verse for today is one that I really like: Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." I hunger and thirst for righteousness, do you? When I seek God and His precepts in His Word, I am filled, full to overflowing.
Do you remember the song with the line: 'you fill up my senses, like a walk in the sleepy blue ocean'? God fills our senses with Him when we study His Word. When I was a new believer, I didn't know anything about the Bible. I thought I would never be able to learn anything. As a stay at home mom, I felt that my brain had gone to mush. But, as I studied His Word, I did learn. I found things in the Bible that I had never known. It showed me how I should live a righteous life before God.
Have you found that as you study His Word, that you find nuggets of gold? Do you want to find more? Does the information meet a need in your life? What do you do with the information after you've read it? Do you apply it? Remember, studying His Word is called hermeneutics, applying is called exegesis.
What would you think if after sending your children to school, then off to college that when they got out they didn't know anything? A waste of time andmoney right? Well, when we become Christians, it's our responsibility to learn from God's Word what He wants us to know. Then, we need to apply it.
Hunger and thirst for righteousness, for you will be filled; God guarantees it.

Hungering and thirsting,
Sandy

No comments: