Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mathew 5:7

Hey Everyone,
I'm not doing well in blogging every day. Sorry. Life happens. Prayer, for everything. We need prayer for our revival at church. Betty and Debbie are going to have surgery. I learned a couple of days ago that a very dear friend, Diana Rea has Mezophilioma cancer. That's the cancer from Asbestos. She's a mom with 8 children and a pastor's wife. Her lungs keep collapsing. There isn't any cure for this and the standard chemotherapy won't touch it. She's about 50 and a wonderful Christian woman. Please, keep her in your prayers too. Thanks!
On a funnier side, we have a tree frog in the spider plant in our living room. I took the plant back outside to try and get rid of it, but it won't go. Needless to say that when we're not expecting it to 'croak' it does. Even Tucker looks up to see what's going on. I have named it Froggie and Chuck is calling it Herbie; go figure! Not sure how long it will last, but for now we have an additional pet in our home. I've been trying to find a verse so I can do a blog on Froggie, but haven't come up with anything, yet.
Our verse today is from Matthew 5:7: "Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Because I like what Warren Weirsbe teaches in his commentary, I'm going to quote it: We experience God's mercy when we trust Christ (Eph. 2:4-7), and He gives us a clean heart (Acts 15:9) and peace within (Romans 5:1). But having received His mercy, we then share His mercy with others. We seek to keep our hearts pure that we might see God in our lives today. We become peacemakers in a troubled world and channels for God's mercy, purity, and peace."
That says it all, doesn't it? Do you share His mercy with others? Those of you who have the gift of mercy, you do it better than people like me who don't have the gift. But, we're all to give mercy because we've received mercy. I like what Warren said at the end: we are channels for God's mercy, purity, and peace. What an opportunity to be those very things to our families and others.
What things hinder our being merciful? Perhaps selfishness? Or busyness? Not thinking about others at all?
I'm married to a giver of mercy and I've watched him through the years and learned a lot of things. I've told people before that Chuck got all the mercy in our family; none leftover for me. I have to work at being merciful. I have care and concern for people, but I don't always show it. That's the difference between Chuck and me.
So, watch those with mercy and study them. Then, using God's Word as your guide, emulate what they do in their service to the Lord with His wonderful gift of mercy.

Working to display His mercy,
Sandy

No comments: