Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jeremiah 35

Hi,
Praise the Lord, that even in the midst of many difficulties all around us, He is Sovereign. With many friends going through trials, every time I open His Word, I'm reminded that He is with us, carrying us and walking with us through these trial and tribulations. So many people to pray for and with revival coming to our church, Satan is working overtime.
The chapter I gave you to look at today is long, but worth the reading. It really speaks toward revival. The Jews were being 'stiff necked people' and not listening to the Lord as He was calling them into obedience. Verse 17b says:"I spoke to them, but they did not listen; I called to them, but they did not answer."
That's where we are as a church, as a country and world. God is calling, and we're not listening. Daily as I pray for revival, I have to ask myself: Do I need to be revived? No matter how close we walk with the Lord, I do believe that we all need to be revived.
In some cases, people have walked away from the Lord, their first love. Others, are walking with Him, but not as closely as He desires. Still others are walking close and delighting in the fellowship, but just long for more of Him and less of them. Where are you?
Because Chuck is gone for his job, our time on the weekends is catchup time. Not just to get work done, but to spend time together. When we don't get that time because of family or other obligations, we both end our weekend knowing that even though we've been together, we've missed out on something precious.
Revival comes in all shapes and sizes. What is your shape or size? What is your need or want in your walk with the Lord? As you read this chapter, see that the Lord blesses the descendants of Jonadab, because of their obedience to Him. God rewards our obedience. Come to the alter and be revived.

Seeking Him,
Sandy

No comments: