Monday, November 24, 2008

1 Thessalonians 1:2-3

Monday greetings,
The sun is shining and warming our day. The wind is also trying to blow us away! I think I just wrote a poem:))).
I hope you all had a good weekend. We were able to spend Sunday night here with our son and family for supper. We had a good visit and got some good 'grands' time in.
As I communicated with friends this weekend, I learned about some service they've been doing. So, when I started 1 Thessalonians I found right away verses that speak about what they've been doing.
"We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. "
My friends have shown their faith by their work/service. I know that it's prompted by love for others. I also know that they put in long hours to produce the result of many being helped. The Free Friday giveaway was a success again. The Wednesday night meals and social time is a success. God is providing for peoples needs through the caring servant hearts of my dear friends. I'm always encouraged to hear reports of how the Lord is using those who desire to serve Him. It shows obedience to Him.
The Apostle Paul made many commendations of people that were serving God. He knew how to give credit where it was due. I think it's important to edify those who are serving, to encourage them in the work. Many times their service is really difficult, or they don't see much fruit. But, we are told through the Word to encourage one another.
So, the next time you know of someone serving, tell them that you appreciate their service and effort for the Lord. Perhaps they'll edify you back!

Glad for servant friends,
Sandy

No comments: