Friday, August 31, 2007

Proverbs 3:5-6

Hello Everyone!
If you've wondered where I've been, well Google wouldn't let me into my blog, again. We'll see how long I can go this time before it refuses me entrance.
One of the wonderful things about God, is that He never refuses us entrance into His presence. That knowledge should give us all great joy and peace.
It's been interesting how the Lord has been showing me quite a few things these last few weeks and then He's brought people before me who need to hear His message. What He teaches me, I turn around and share and that makes what He teaches become solid in my learning, but also multiplies the blessing of His knowledge.
I've probably taught on this passage before, but this is one of the verses that the Lord has been helping me to understand better. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Some versions say: direct your paths.
As I meditated on these verses, I didn't struggle with understanding anything, until I got to the 'lean not on your own understanding'. Does that make sense??? I trust God, for my very breath, life, family, etc. I know that He takes better care of things than I can. My heart is His, hook, line and sinker.
I'm the kind of person that needs to know what's going to happen. I don't especially care what's going to happen, I just want to know the itinerary. When Chuck comes home on the weekends, I want to know his schedule. That's just the way I'm wired.
God knows this wiring, because He's the electrician. Because of this 'wiring' He knows that I need to know things, but what He wants is that I trust Him with the: need to know. He tests me constantly in order to grow my faith. As I determine in my heart and mind to trust Him, even thought I can't see where He's leading, my faith grows and that pleases my Holy Father greatly.
Because I always want Him to direct my paths (make them straight) I need to exercise my faith, and trust Him for what I don't understand. How about you? Are you wanting to know what God's will is for your life? For tomorrow? His word tells us not to worry about tomorrow, just to take care of today.
So, step out in faith along with me and 'lean not on your own understanding' and acknowledge that He is God and that He can and will direct our paths. He's Sovereign, so He's in control. Back off and let Him drive.

Leaning on Him,
Sandy

No comments: