Thursday, August 23, 2007

Isaiah 43:10-13, 15

Horky Den!
That means 'hot day' in Czech. Another scorcher. I wonder if this is just a taste of what hell will be like, except that I know hell with be dark because of the absence of the Lord. Just a thought that came through this gray haired head of mine. I know, I don't think like most folks.
As you can tell by the title, our scripture today is from Isaiah 43:10-13,15. I ran across this portion of scripture quite awhile ago and made a note to share. I won't type out the verses, so please read them, then join me......
One day when I was looking out into the back yard I noticed a squirrel trying to have a dust bath in a small area underneath the clothes line. The spot of dirt wasn't hardly big enough for the little guy, but he was rolling around and acting real goofy.
I glanced from the squirrel having his dirt bath to a larger area not far away that our 'grands' play in. That dirt pile is quite large and would accommodate the little squirrel quite nicely and give him a great dust bath. I'm sure he knows it's there, but instead he chooses a small patch that isn't big enough for his small body.
Don't we do the same thing, not the dust bath, but don't we limit ourselves where God is concerned? The verses today have God 'shouting' to the Israelites that they were His witnesses to His might, power, salvation, etc. Yet, I have a feeling that they weren't seeing the 'bigger picture' of who God is and what He wants to accomplish in their lives; in our lives.
In what ways do you limit God? I know that lack of trust is a big one for everyone. That lack of trust means that we don't have the faith to believe that when God says: (vs 11) 'When I act, who can reverse it?' He goes on in vs 12: 'I have revealed and saved and proclaimed'. Are we listening? Are we truly hearing what He's saying?
You ask, how do I know what God is saying to me. Open His Word and read. Then, apply. But I think the key to all of this is: trust and obey. As you start to trust Him, that He is all that He says He is, then your faith will grow and you will please Him greatly and He will reward your growing faith in Him.
In verse 15 He says: I am the Lord, your Holy One. Do you believe this? If so, how is your life reflecting that belief? Step out in faith and believe that God can change how you think, feel, understand, work, etc. Don't worry about others, just work on you and let God work on you. Then, I promise, He will reveal Himself and you will see Him as He wants you to see Him, in all His fullness and splendor. Say to Him: Lead on King Jesus.

His,
Sandy

No comments: