Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mark 3:16

Hello Everyone,
I started my day receiving an email from a friend. I've been praying for her and she's let me know how she's doing. One of the struggles that she has and I can identify with is people who identify themselves as Christians but acting in very unlike Christ ways.
When I read today's scripture, it tells me a couple of things. Mark 3:16: "By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through Him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see."
Twice the word 'faith' is used. Jesus is the author of faith. It's something that we decide to have and then the Lord grows it in us as we walk in obedience to Him. We are made strong as we walk in faith with Him and He gives us complete healing, spiritually, as we surrended everything to Him.
There are many people who never surrender their 'all' to Christ. Sure, they want fire insurance (eternal life) but they don't want to give up 'self' as the Lord requires of us. Because of this they don't walk in obedience and they are problems to other Christians.
They gossip, slander, criticise, etc. You understand because you've probably had something happen to you, or maybe you've done it to someone else. This type of behavior is a mark of an unsaved person, or a baby in Christ, one that's not willing to walk in obedience to Him.
I think the most important thing is to keep our eyes on Jesus. People are sinners, we all are. But, they are God's responsibility, not ours. When we are hurt, turn it over to Him. He's big enough to take our hurts and to work His justice. We may not see His justice at work, but trust me, it's there.
I think being an example to everyone is really important. We need to: do unto others as we would have them do unto us. So, be Jesus to people and let God work in their lives, too.

Walking in Faith,
Sandy

No comments: