Monday, June 4, 2007

Doves

Monday greetings,
How is your day going? Mine's been busy working on discipleship material. When the Lord takes me out of my comfort zone, He does it in a big way. But, He's also helping me, so my trusting Him results in new material, and my faith is strengthened as its tested and tried.
I've decided to go through the New Testament and do a blog on all the 3:16 verses. So today's is from Matthew 3:16: As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on Him.
Even though the analogy of a dove is used, it doesn't say it was a dove, but the Holy Spirit coming down on Him. When I think about that visual picture, I try to see how it would be for our Lord. He's well acquainted with the Holy Spirit because they're part of the Trinity, the Godhead, and co existing for eternity past, present and future.
My visual includes seeing John the Baptist lowering Christ into the water, emerging Him and then helping Him to rise up. He's dripping wet, and even though the Jordan was fairly shallow, it might have been cold.
When the heaven opened, I imagine a bright light shining down, brighter than the sun through a cloud opening, lighting the earth with its brightness. I think this light was pure, whiter than white and brilliant, possibly causing those around to shield their eyes because of the brilliance.
Then the Spirit came to light on Him. I think the touch was gentle, soothing, maybe even comforting. The New Testament says the Holy Spirit is our comforter, so why couldn't He be Christ's too? A special touch anointed our Lord that day. How do I know this? Because of the next verse.
Verse 17: And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased." God ordained Christ's ministry with the anointing; proclaiming to the world our Savior had come.
Have you felt the touch of the 'Dove' in your life? He's our gift from the Lord when we got saved. Let Him touch you this day in a special way. Ask, seek and knock, and this door will be opened unto you.

Touched,

Sandy

No comments: