Monday, October 20, 2008

Inner Strength

Hello,
I trust your weekend was a good one. We had prison ministry Sat. night and it went really well. It's the first time I've been there since June and it was so great to see the guys. One of the newer guys told me that it was nice to put a face to the name he'd been praying for. These guys are real prayer warriors and we are blessed to have their prayers.
Today I want to share a verse that I've been praying for quite awhile. Not sure where I got the idea, but I like it. Once our pastor mentioned this verse and that was confirmation to me that I'm blessed to pray it.
Ephesians 3:16: "I pray that out of His glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being." My prayer is that He will do as He says He will and that I would know this strength. I think I have and do.
As I contemplate this power, I come up with: knowledge that He's in control of my life because I'm surrendered to Him; the Holy Spirit is working in me to mature me and I think there's strength in wisdom, knowledge and understanding; physical strength when I'm weak to just get through a day; mental strength to handle all the 'stuff' that comes my way; emotional strength when life comes crashing down like a ten ton wrecking ball. That's just a few things and I'm sure you could come up with some more.
I know that I can't get through a day on my own. I need Him in every way. That's dependence and He loves that.
Try praying this verse as a prayer and see what happens. His Spirit delights in giving strength and working in us, so let Him do His job and watch what happens!

Depending on His strength,
Sandy

No comments: