Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hebrews 9:27-28

Happy Thanksgiving!
Tomorrow is turkey day and I'm ready. We're going to our son and daughter-in-law's for the day. We'll also bring home our two oldest 'grands'. Because we share Nate with his other g and g, we don't get to have him; Chuck and I are both bummed about that. We'll enjoy what we can.
The other day I thought about a blog and I'm finally getting here to share it with you. I learned quite awhile ago that the reason that churches in the olden days built their buildings beside where they had their cemetery was so that when people saw the head stones that it would remind them that death was reality and that eternity needed to be dealt with.
That brings this verse to mind: Hebrews 9:27-28: "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him."
Have you ever thought about those verses? What do you think about them now? We're all going to die. Then what? When I got sick with Lyme disease and almost died, I knew where my soul would go, to heaven to be with our Lord. Because I was so sick and in great pain, I wanted to go home. A part of me didn't because of family, but I longed for my Lord so greatly that I grieved what I couldn't have: heaven.
The Lord wasn't ready for me, so I'm still here. Our days are numbered by the Lord, even before the world began. So, walk with the Lord in such a way that your heart, soul, mind and strength are constantly directed at Him, the author and perfecter of our faith. Then, when you stand before the Lord, Christ's blood, covering us will find us acceptable to the Lord and we will spend eternity with Him. Alleluia! Amen.

Blessings to you all,
Sandy

No comments: