Thursday, February 5, 2009

Love

Good Morning All,
I've been a little tired, so am just getting back into the swing of things. We're going to see our daughter's family on Sat. Can't wait to hold the babies again! I need my grandma fix. We were able to see our son's family last Sat. and got that "fix".
When I think of love, I think of God's unconditional love for us. We definitely don't deserve His love, but because it's an attribute of His character, He loves, no matter what. As people we choose to love unconditionally, or not. I know how hard it is to love when someone is being terrible towards us. I also know that I'm not always lovable to others, even though I always try to be.
I grew up with conditional love, so when the Lord saved me and gave me His UNconditional love, He enabled me to love others the same way. Sometimes I have to pray for that ability to love as He desires me to. As I trust Him to help me, He does and I can remain loving, unconditionally.
1 Corinthians 13 is the "love" chapter in the Bible. Paul states it all so wonderfully. So, after you read those few short verses, come join me.....Verses 1-3 tells us what love is NOT. 4-8a tells us what love IS. 8b-9 again tells us what love isn't and then switches to showing both sides in the last verses.
Love is a choice and a verb/action. We have to decide in our hearts whether to love someone or not. We choose our spouses, when to have children (mostly:))). Where to live and what jobs to have; what church to attend. But love, I think is the most important choice, AFTER choosing Christ to be our Savior and surrendering our will, for His.
So, what will you do? When people aren't nice, when life is too difficult to even feel any kind of love, what will you decide? Do you look for ways to find "fault" in them? I know from experience that when I choose to love unconditionally, God provides the "feeling" to go along with the fact and that He blesses ME, and hopefully the other person as well.
We don't have to like what people do, but we do need to love others unconditionally. The biggest reason is: GOD LOVES US UNCONDITIONALLY. We need to honor Him in this way too.

Choosing to love unconditionally,
Sandy

No comments: